Unable to create a Service Connection Point in the current Active Directory domain. Verify that the SharePoint container exists in the current domain and that you have rights to write to it. Microsoft.SharePoint.SPException: The object LDAP://CN=Microsoft SharePoint Products,CN=System,DC=<Domain>,DC=com doesn’t exist in the directory at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPServiceConnectionPoint.Ensure(String serviceBindingInformation) at Microsoft.SharePoint.PostSetupConfiguration.UpgradeTask.Run()
Solution to first problem:
- Start ADSI Edit on your domain controller,
- Expand System,
- Right click in the white area then choose New > Object…
- Create a container,
- Type the container name Microsoft SharePoint Products and press Finish,
- Run SharePoint Configuration Wizard again.
Configuration wizard fails constantly.
Solution to second problem:
- Stop the “SharePoint Timer Service” service
- Delete ONLY the xml files from C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\SharePoint\Config\<GUID>. Note: Do NOT delete the cache.ini file in this folder
- Edit cache.ini and change to “1”
- Start “SharePoint Timer Service” service
- Run psconfig again: PSConfig.exe -cmd upgrade -inplace b2b -wait -force